Wednesday 4 May 2011

Day minus 2

Yes that's right it's day minus 2. It's called this because it's 2 days to the transplant of stem cells and that day will be day zero.
So anyway, I've now been admitted for the treatment. After the paperwork was done I was fitted with a Hickman Line which is a tube in the chest. They can stick all the drugs in through this as well as using it for the daily blood tests I have to look forward to. Hopefully it should mean no more needles or at least, a lot less of them.

I can't remember having the line inserted! I was given a rather large dose of sedation as well as lots of local anaesthetic and I must have dropped off during the procedure because when I came around the nurses had gone.

Tomorrow s day minus 1. It's the day I get that huge dollop of chemotherapy. Hardly something to look forward to and in many ways I'm not, but I recognise that it's the only way I will get better so bring it on. I've realised that I have so many good friends and family all cheering me on so thanks everyone. Anyway the nurse gave me a sleeping pill and it's kicking in so that's me for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment