Thursday 26 May 2011

On being home

I've now been at Graham & Anna's for 3 days and the hospitality has been wonderful. I'm really well looked after. It makes so much sense to be here. I'm bedridden for the forseeable future and Here I have my own room and access to a bathroom. At home I would have been on a bed in the living room with only basic washing facilities and a commode. There would also be the children. I see the Kids most days and of course Laura is here a lot as well. I'm also so well fed. I eat 3 weetabix for breakfast, beans on toast for lunch and then something from Anna's excellent repertoire in the evening. Taste seems to be returning at last. After all tomorrow is day +21 so 3 weeks since the transplant. My biggest problem s dealing with the almost geological timescales needed to repair my body so I can walk again. That is an immense challenge. As I get stronger each day now, I hope the challenge won't be quite so daunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment